DATA PROTECTION - YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to handling your personal information responsibly and protecting your privacy.
We hope you will enjoy using the Duff Morgan Group website ("website"), and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
Duff Morgan & Vermont Ltd (961479), ("we" and "us") takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018. We are notified as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner Office under registration number Z4619277 (Duff Morgan & Vermont Ltd) and are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Personal information that we collect, why we collect it and how we use it.
- We obtain information about you when you use our website and we also receive information from you, for example when you are viewing vehicles or making online bookings. We need this information to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our in-branch services booked through the website. This section sets out in more detail what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how long we keep your information.
- To make an online Service, MOT or Repair booking, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking. If your car was purchased from The Duff Morgan Group our aftersales system will already have your information and we will send you a yearly service/MOT reminder, as we are contractually obligated to do so. However, if you are an Aftersales Customer only then we will ask you at the point of service whether or not you wish to receive service or MOT reminders and/or general Duff Morgan Group marketing. If you do not wish to receive these reminders or general marketing, then your personal data will be deleted within a year. If you never fulfil your booking, then your personal data will be deleted within 1 week.
- When you search our New Car Special Offers or Used Car Stock Locator we may store information on the vehicles you searched for in a cookie so that we can personalise site content.
- We may track what type of vehicles you view so that we can make suggestions and personalise site content.
- We monitor visitor usage patterns to help us continually improve the site.
- If you enter one of our competitions, we require your name, e-mail address and daytime telephone number so we can contact you if you are the winner. The competitions are subject to the following terms and conditions. One entry per person. All entrants will be considered, and the winner will be picked at random by the Duff Morgan Group Marketing team. Winners will be contacted by phone or e-mail after the prize draw. All prizes are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Entrants must be 17 years or older to enter and claim a prize from any of our competitions. Unclaimed prizes may be offered to other competition entrants within 48 hours of first notification to the winner. Competitions run on social media are not endorsed, sponsored, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you do not opt in to receive marketing from us then your data will be deleted following the outcome of the prize draw.
- To make an online enquiry and book a test drive we would need your name, contact information and a copy of your driver’s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Similarly, if you take a courtesy car from our service department then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver’s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Occasionally, we may use your e-mail address to send you information about changes to this website, we will ask you for permission to do so.
- Phone calls may be recorded, and any recorded calls will be retained for a maximum of 6 months and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
- Please be aware that if your online enquiry leads to the purchase of a vehicle from The Duff Morgan Group, then at the point of sale (under a contractual obligation) we will collect your full name, address, two contact telephone numbers, date of birth, drivers licence details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and any details of the vehicle you are part exchanging including mileage and MOT information if relevant. Your details will be retained in line with all regulatory laws and for no longer than 7 years. Your details will not be used for marketing purchases unless you have given us permission to contact you in this way.
- If finance is required when purchasing a vehicle, we will be required to collect further details including your marital and housing status, number of dependents, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details as well as a copy of your driver’s licence, a proof of address (i.e. a utility bill) and any other relevant documentation. This information will be passed by The Duff Morgan Group with your permission to the finance companies and if you are approved for finance the copies of your documentation will be securely shredded after 3 months. Your personal information will be stored on your order form which will be kept for 7 years after which it will be removed.
- If your online enquiry leads you to visit a Duff Morgan Group branch we use CCTV to monitor all our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 8 weeks depending on the system used at the branch.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. Marketing
Access to Your Information
- It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us and you can select this by ticking the relevant boxes on the form where we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing from The Duff Morgan Group, we may e-mail to inform you of new products available from companies within the Duff Morgan Group. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to email@example.com. Also, all our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form(s).
- If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your name and email address to send out this information.
- You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Customer Services Department, Duff Morgan, Whiffler Road, Norwich NR3 2AZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to have the information the Company holds on to your person removed, please request this in writing to Customer Services Department, Duff Morgan, Whiffler Road, Norwich NR3 2AZ or email email@example.com as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.
- If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Data Storage and Use of Data Outside of the European Economic Area.
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our third-party contractors are based outside of the EEA however, we have strict control over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing, or processing. If we transfer your data outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy. Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to another member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
Cookies Policy for www.duffmorgan.com
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Duff Morgan Group or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third-party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. All third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data. Your data is used including in the following circumstances:
- We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
- If you use our "Live Chat" function via our partner, Guaboo Inc, your information may be collected, used and stored as part of our "Live Chat" service and your personal information will be shared with Contact at Once.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
2. Performance Cookies
3. Functionality Cookies
4. Targeting Cookies
A detailed description for each of the different cookies is set out below. Consent
We have created a cookie tool so that you can easily choose which cookies you are happy for us to use, and the level of consent you want to give. You can access the cookie tool by clicking on the ‘change settings’ tab/button. You can then disable certain types of cookies and, by choosing your personal settings, you give us consent to use the cookies you haven't disabled.
The level of your settings will be visible throughout your time on our website, by looking at the symbols in the toolbar at the bottom of the webpage. Each icon represents a different type of cookie and you can scroll over them to remind yourself about the cookie options you have chosen.
If you enter www.duffmorgan.com
but choose not to alter the cookie settings, we will take this to mean that you are happy with the default settings (which allow all types of cookies to be used).
You may find that disabling cookies means certain areas of the site do not function correctly and we cannot guarantee access to all the services we provide through our website. Also, if you delete all of your cookies, or use a different device to access our website, you may have to choose your preferences again.
To find more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. www.duffmorgan.com 's Cookies
The cookies used on www.duffmorgan.com
have been categorised based on the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request. These cookies don't gather any information that could be used for marketing to you or remember your preferences/ID, other than for your current session.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website.
- Identify you as being logged on to this website
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website
- Remember things like service selections you have made which allow us to provide you with the services you have requested.
- Identify you as being logged in to and members sections within [www.url.co.uk]
Cookies we consider to be Strictly Necessary: www.duffmorgan.com 's cookies;
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences.
These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous. They will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
Performance cookies are used to:
- Provide statistics on how this website is used (including selections that you have made and goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this website)
- Gather non-user specific data about the usage on this website and provide statistics about how this website is used
- Provide and track the effectiveness of videos embedded in this website
- Test different designs on our website
Where our performance cookies are managed by third parties, we don't allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Cookies we consider to be Performance cookies: www.duffmorgan.co.cookies;
| Cookie |
| Host |
| _utma |
| Google.com |
| _utmb |
| _utmc |
| _utmz |
| _vidi |
| Cognesia.com |
| _id |
| Doubleclick.net |